By Stephen Hetherington II
1. advent: The artwork of special epistemology
Part A. Epistemology as scientific?
2. an issue approximately epistemic dependence
3. Accounting for commitments: A priori wisdom, ontology, and logical entailments
4. Epistemic bootstrapping
5. extra compliment for Moore’s proof
6. Lotteries and the shut Shave principle
7. Skepticism, self-knowledge, and responsibility
8. an affordable contextualism (or, Austin reprised)
A. B. Dickerson
9. wondering contextualism
Part B. knowing knowledge?
10. Truthmaking and the Gettier problem
11. is understanding having the suitable to be sure?
12. wisdom by way of goal? at the hazard of agent’s knowledge
13. Gettier’s theorem
14. wisdom that works: A story of 2 conceptual models
Read Online or Download Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science) PDF
Similar behavioural sciences books
Raina makes use of the circumstances learn process as a device for studying the existence paintings of a guy who has committed his lifestyles to creativity reports. Ellis Paul Torrance's equipment might actually be disseminated in each school room across the world. This paintings presents a good viewpoint from which to understand the character of Torrance's creativity and evolution of a few of his theoretical and empirical artistic endeavors.
This quantity positive aspects the full textual content of the fabric awarded on the Twenty-Fifth Annual convention of the Cognitive technological know-how Society. As in prior years, the symposium incorporated an attractive mix of papers on many subject matters from researchers with varied backgrounds and diverse targets, providing a multifaceted view of cognitive technology.
Why do a little issues move lower than the radar of our cognizance, yet different issues trap our curiosity? Why perform a little religions capture on and others fade away? What makes a narrative, a film, or a e-book riveting? Why do a little humans preserve looking at the scoop although it makes them apprehensive? The earlier two decades have visible a awesome flourishing of medical study into precisely some of these questions.
There has lately been a renewed curiosity within the position of spatial dimensions in social cognition, and the way vertical and horizontal trajectories are used to symbolize social strategies akin to strength, supplier, aggression, and dominance. so much of this paintings surrounds the concept summary options are intrinsically associated with our sensory and motor reviews, together with recurring interactions with the surroundings resembling examining and writing.
- I sogni: Viaggio nella nostra realtà interiore (Italian Edition)
- Language in Mind: Advances in the Study of Language and Thought (MIT Press)
- Musical Cognition: A Science of Listening
- Experience and Meaning in Music Performance
Extra resources for Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science)
Aspects of Knowing: Epistemological Essays (Perspectives on Cognitive Science) by Stephen Hetherington II