By Feona Attwood,Vincent Campbell,I.Q. Hunter,Sharon Lockyer
Read or Download Controversial Images: Media Representations on the Edge PDF
Similar tv arts & entertainment books
ABC’s action-comedy sequence Batman (1966–68) famously provided a twin tackle in its wildly well known portayal of a comic hero in a stay motion layout. childrens uncritically accredited the show’s plots and characters, who have been guided by way of lofty beliefs and social values, whereas adults reacted to the transparent parody of the values on demonstrate.
Magisterarbeit aus dem Jahr 1998 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Klassiker und Theorierichtungen, word: 1,0, Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (Institut für Soziologie), ninety six Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: A. Relevanz und Darstellung I. textual content und Kontext„The X-Files is a made of its time now not since it holds a reflect to fact yet since it displays the approach of its era:.
In the course of the long-running BBC sequence general practitioner Who, the surgeon has hardly ever been alone—his partners are crucial. Male or (mostly) lady, alien or (mostly) human, younger or outdated (none as previous as he), the handfuls of partners who've travelled with him over the last 50 years have served as sympathetic proxies for the viewers.
Technology fiction and the U.S. army frequently inhabit an analogous innovative area. guns know-how has taken concept from technology fiction, from the bazooka and the atomic bomb to weaponized lasers and drones. Star-spangled superheroes offered conflict bonds in comedian books despatched to GIs in the course of global conflict II, and decorated the noses of bombers.
- It's Always Sunny and Philosophy: The Gang Gets Analyzed (Popular Culture and Philosophy)
- Undead in the West: Vampires, Zombies, Mummies, and Ghosts on the Cinematic Frontier
- Social Media at BBC News: The Re-Making of Crisis Reporting (Routledge Research in Journalism)
- Ovid's Myth of Pygmalion on Screen: In Pursuit of the Perfect Woman (Continuum Studies in Classical Reception)
- Of Elephants and Toothaches: Ethics, Politics, and Religion in Krzysztof Kieslowski's 'Decalogue'
- Representing Ethnicity in Contemporary French Visual Culture
Additional resources for Controversial Images: Media Representations on the Edge
Controversial Images: Media Representations on the Edge by Feona Attwood,Vincent Campbell,I.Q. Hunter,Sharon Lockyer