By Neil Selwyn
Digital know-how and the modern University examines the customarily messy realities of upper schooling within the ‘digital age’. Drawing on a number of theoretical and empirical views, the e-book explores the intimate hyperlinks among electronic expertise and wider shifts inside modern larger schooling – no longer least the ongoing upward thrust of the managerialist ‘bureaucratic’ college. It highlights the ways in which those new tendencies might be challenged, and probably replaced altogether.
Addressing a power hole in greater schooling and academic expertise study, the place electronic expertise isn't topic to an thoroughly severe method, Degrees of Digitization deals another examining of the social, political, fiscal and cultural concerns surrounding universities and know-how. The ebook highlights rising subject matters which are starting to be acknowledged and mentioned in academia, yet as but haven't been explored completely. Over the process 8 wide-ranging chapters the booklet addresses matters such as:
- The position of electronic know-how in college reform;
- Digital applied sciences and the agency of universities;
- Digital know-how and the operating lives of college employees;
- Digital know-how and the ‘student experience’;
- Reimagining where of electronic expertise in the modern college.
This publication can be of serious curiosity to all scholars, educational researchers and writers operating within the parts of schooling stories and/or academic know-how, in addition to being crucial studying for a person operating within the components of upper schooling study and electronic media research.
Read or Download Digital Technology and the Contemporary University: Degrees of digitization (Research into Higher Education) PDF
Best computers & technology books
This quantity collects contemporary reviews performed in the quarter of clinical schooling that examine of the severe parts of problem-based curricula--the crew assembly and self-directed learning--and demonstrates that knowing those complicated phenomena is important to the operation of this cutting edge curriculum.
This is often the 1st publication in a chain created to increase desktop literacy among institution age kids and older adults. each one e-book makes a speciality of one subject and includes actions to enhance discovered strategies. it truly is nice as an booklet and in print. sign up for Rom Bytes and his family members as they educate others, such as you approximately pcs and technoloogy!
This certain consultant bargains useful concepts for utilizing WebQuests to optimize studying in social stories, foster scholar inquiry and higher-level considering, and advertise larger intercultural understanding.
Enforcing and learning Technological Innovation in Language educating takes a case examine method of examine the mixing of the interactive whiteboard (IWB) into the instructing of English as a international Language (EFL) in French colleges. The research highlights the benefits of collaborative motion study for exciting and aiding language lecturers in cutting edge experimentation, and seeks to augment our realizing of the demanding situations and possibilities inherent during this method.
- Optimizing Academic Library Services in the Digital Milieu: Digital Devices and their Emerging Trends (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Tableau 10 for Beginners: Step by Step guide to developing visualizations in Tableau 10
- Auswirkungen der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologien auf die Kindheit: Wie Digital Natives ihre Kinder in den Sozialen Medien präsentieren (German Edition)
- Technology in education: An essay about pros, cons and challenges
- Learn to Program in Arduino C: 18 Lessons, From setup() to Robots
- Spielwiese Internet: Sucht ohne Suchtmittel (German Edition)
Extra resources for Digital Technology and the Contemporary University: Degrees of digitization (Research into Higher Education)
Digital Technology and the Contemporary University: Degrees of digitization (Research into Higher Education) by Neil Selwyn