By Mara Dierssen,Rafael de la Torre Fornell
Down syndrome (DS) is the most typical instance of neurogenetic aneuploid ailment resulting in psychological retardation. regularly, DS effects from an additional replica of chromosome 21 (HSA21) generating deregulated gene expression in mind that offers increase to subnormal highbrow functioning. the subject of this quantity is of large curiosity for the neuroscience neighborhood, since it tackles the idea that of neurogenomics, that's, how the genome as an entire contributes to a neurodevelopmental cognitive problems, resembling DS, and hence to the advance, constitution and serve as of the anxious procedure.
This quantity of development in mind examine discusses comparative genomics, gene expression atlases of the mind, community genetics, engineered mouse types and functions to human and mouse behavioral and cognitive phenotypes. It brings jointly scientists of various backgrounds, by means of facilitating the combination of analysis directed at varied degrees of organic association, and through highlighting translational examine and the applying of the prevailing clinical wisdom to boost more desirable DS remedies and cures.
- Leading authors assessment the cutting-edge of their box of research and supply their perspectives and views for destiny research
- Chapters are largely referenced to supply readers with a complete record of assets at the themes covered
- All chapters comprise entire heritage details and are written in a transparent shape that also is available to the non-specialist
Read Online or Download Down Syndrome: From Understanding the Neurobiology to Therapy (Progress in Brain Research) PDF
Similar genetics books
Apoptosis is a necessary technique in embryonic improvement and tissue homeostasis, relatively within the prevention of affliction. Written from a genetic perspective, Genetics of Apoptosis first describes the molecular and telephone biology of apoptosis, then examines the method in additional element in numerous version platforms.
Over the past few years, super development has been made in knowing a number of points of pre-mRNA processing. This booklet, with contributions from prime scientists during this region, summarizes contemporary advances in nuclear pre-mRNA processing in vegetation. It presents researchers within the box, in addition to these in similar components, with an updated and accomplished, but concise, assessment of the present prestige and destiny strength of this study in figuring out plant biology.
This really good quantity of Advances in melanoma study is devoted to the complicated and principally unexplored box of intratumor range, with recognize to variations in either genotype and phenotype between cellphone populations inside of tumors. distinctive material: there are quite few prior guides masking this complicated subject, although it has been an issue of a lot hypothesis ever in view that cancers have been first studied below the microscope greater than a century in the past.
Advances in melanoma examine presents precious info at the intriguing and fast-moving box of melanoma study. the following, once more, impressive and unique experiences are offered on a number of themes. This quantity, quantity 124, covers rising purposes of molecular imaging to oncology, together with molecular-genetic imaging, imaging the tumor microenvironment, monitoring cells and vaccines in vivo, and extra.
- GeneRisk: Systemische Risiken der Gentechnik: Analyse von Umweltwirkungen gentechnisch veränderter Organismen in der Landwirtschaft (Umweltnatur- & Umweltsozialwissenschaften) (German Edition)
- Wilson’s Disease: A Clinician’s Guide to Recognition, Diagnosis, and Management
- Biotechnology and Genetics in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- New Transcription Factors and Their Role in Diabetes and Therapy (Advances in Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology)
- Basic Techniques in Molecular Biology (Springer Lab Manuals)
- Phylogenomics: A Primer
Additional resources for Down Syndrome: From Understanding the Neurobiology to Therapy (Progress in Brain Research)
Down Syndrome: From Understanding the Neurobiology to Therapy (Progress in Brain Research) by Mara Dierssen,Rafael de la Torre Fornell